We miss MSD as a Captain
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has made his name synonymous with Calmness which led people to refer to him as Captain Cool. He gave the country many trophies – ICC T20 World Cup (2007), ICC World Cup (2011) and ICC Champions Trophy (2013) that the huge cricket fanbase wanted and yearned for years. The Ranchi lad also gave his teammates that spirit in chasing big targets and taking tough wickets. He maintained his cool like a pro and let his captaincy and batting speak at times when opponents tried to pinch him.
Dhoni, many a time, proved himself not a player with big mouth, rather, he replies with his brain and bat the most. Let us have a sneak peek at his cool captaincy on and off the field.
1. The winning shot of the final match between India and Sri Lanka during the ICC World Cup 2011 itself speaks of Dhoni's composed style of creating records with cool.
The Jharkhand dynamite just wore a simple smile after pulling off the final match with a six off Nuwan Kulasekara. He let his boys cherish the moment to the core.
2. When he was trolled by some mischievous Bangladesh cricket fans who trended the morphed picture of Dhoni's head being carried by Taskin Ahmed (Bangladesh cricketer) on the internet.
Dhoni, like a man, hits a winning six in the bowling off Al-Amin Hossain to clinch the Asia Cup title for the sixth time.
3. The way MSD handles his teammates' missteps and corrects them in a way to inspire the players for bringing the desired outcome rather than showing his aggression on the field.
The gloveman threw many sarcastic one-liners at his mates during the matches from behind the stumps just to put those players on alert.
4. The way MSD handled an Australian reporter who questioned 'Dhoni's future plans' while addressing the post-match press conference following India's loss to West Indies in the ICC World T20 in March 2016.
The 35-year-old smoothly called the journalist onto the dais and popped out few questions in return which yielded the right answers as well as some good laughter.
5. Finally, he bid adieu to the captaincy throne of the shorter formats of the game without any hustle-bustle.
Dhoni left his fans in surprise when he quit from Test captaincy in December 2014 in a cool way. But he, for sure has left all shocked by calling his limited-overs captaincy quits.
These are like few drops in an ocean and we would like to give you a chance of reminiscing Captain Cool's similar on-field attitudes and do share them with our team. Hoping, the Indian cricket goes smooth and successful in the hands of Captain Gutsy in future!
(GIF Courtesy: YouTube)