Union Finance minister Nirmala Sitharam is the second woman in Indian political spectrum to present the budget in the Parliament. It is noted that there as many as 78 women who stepped into the parliament in the 2019 general elections. The budget is constituted with many provisions with respect to welfare and developments. Being a woman it is no wonder to say that the Telugu woman has made her mark in designing the budget by focusing on the women empowerment.
The government has come up with special provisions to the women in the public and private sector and also emphasized on the self-employment to women. Here are the government proposals in the budget for the women welfare.
1. The government has decided to extend the program of Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) to all districts.
2. A loan of Rs.1 lakh under the Mudra scheme for every woman in SHG to promote business outlook among women is proposed.
3. Every woman who registered in the group will be provided with a Jan Dhan account with a deposit of 5000.
4. Nirmala Sitharaman iterated that 70% of beneficiaries under the Mudra scheme are women.
5. It has been revealed that 7 crore LPG connections have already been made. Of which 8 lakh connections will be offered free under Ujjala Yojana Scheme.
6. Provision of Rs 27,584 crore for the financial year 2019-20 under the Integrated Child Development Program.
7. It has been announced that the Center has constituted a committee called Nari Noddara Narayani under which the provisions for the welfare of women will be made.