Move over mundane gifts. Put some thought into and give a personal touch to the gifts with which you intent to pamper your mother and put a smile on her face on Mother's Day (Second Sunday of May i.e., May 12) - ranging from poetry, a relaxing tea break and soothing plants.
1. In the era of rock music and Bollywood, you may be missing the time when letters and shayari (poetry) were everything. The silence of the book and rhythm of the poetry with her morning coffee will definitely light up her mood. While she is reading, she can be pampered with a pair of spa socks. For the women who walk and run in heels effortlessly, the spa socks are the perfect present as they help relieve the pain that follows wearing high heels. The socks contain an all natural "gel" section to mitigate pain and discomfort.
2. For those who want to say "thank you" with comfortable clothes, gift her airy attires in khadi, which can help your mother beat the heat in the scorching summer. Add to the fun by taking her out on a date to an eating joint or cafe she has been longing to try out.
3. When it comes to apparel, gifting relaxing nightwear would be a good idea too. Gift her a perfect mix of comfort and style for everyday wear which may make her feel pampered.
4. Plants are long-lasting expressions of appreciation. Make it a day to remember when you send your mother live green plants. For the nature-loving mothers, go for the Blue Moon Plant, the aloe vera plant for skincare-conscious mothers or a succulent plant which retains water in arid climates or soil conditions.
5. For the on-the-go mothers with hectic work schedules, how about investing in a smart stainless steel mug that never rusts, for her daily dose of caffeine or a shake? If your mom likes to be in the kitchen, a smart nutri-blend could be ideal too as it will ease her life.
6. Another way of calming your mother's mood could be a set of tea variants.
For the night time, a relaxing and restorative caffeine-free herbal infusion that balances the delicious floral taste of chamomile and rose with spearmint and lemongrass. Mellow and smooth, these herbs are known to have digestive properties and promote restful sleep.
For slimming, a caffeine-free herbal blend of fennel, liquorice, lemongrass, senna and psyllium husk works well for slimming. These herbs are known to assist natural weight loss and digestion.
7. For a basic but evergreen gift, go for the good old pearls. Jewellery using pearls would make for a beautiful gift.