To boost enrollment of girls in the country's prime engineering institutions like IITs and NITs, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has launched 'Udaan' for girl students of class XI and XII. Every year, a plethora of underprivileged girls will be provided with free online and offline coaching and special incentives, to fill the teaching gap between school, college education and engineering entrance exams.
Who Can Join?
• Girl students, who are in class XI and XII (intermediate) with Maths, Physics and Chemistry (MPC) subjects.
• Having a score of minimum 70% in Class X and 80% or a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in science and mathematics is required.
• For class XII, a minimum of 75% marks in MPC in class XI in addition to the class X requirements.
• Selection will be based on pure merit basis.
• Girl students from economically backward section will be given more preference.
What Will You Get By Udaan Scheme
• Guidance of experts from IITs through online and on tablets given to the students.
• Financial assistance by means of reward points redeemed towards fees in IITs and NITs
• Student helpline and periodic counselling facilities to motivate students and parents.
For more details, approach the CBSE board at Central Board of Secondary Education, 4th Floor, Shiksha Sadan, 17 Rouse Avenue, New Delhi 110 002; call 011 – 2323182/23220083 or email at - Udaan.email@example.com
A little bird has informed that thousands of girl students have already applied for Udaan scheme this year. Are you the next to make the best use of this opportunity?
(Image courtesy: Shutterstock)